Retrofitting is the process of taking an obsolete or underrated circuit breaker, motor control, switchgear, or other piece of electrical equipment and using it as a base, then adding modern or uprated components that upgrade the old equipment to make it more suitable for the application.Our life-extension programs will extend the useful life of your obsolete, hard-to-maintain switchgear, motor controls, and circuit breakers. Our capabilities include raising interrupting capacity, increasing equipment reliability, matching your existing switchgear line-up, providing solid-state trip units, and offering other retrofit solutions.
Our capabilities include:
- Upgrade your low-voltage circuit breakers by retrofitting them with a solid-state trip unit.
- Upgrade low-voltage circuit breakers with vacuum interrupters to increase life in motor-starting applications.
- In many situations, we can install a retrofit kit that will replace your obsolete low-voltage power circuit breaker with a modern insulated case circuit breaker, which has a higher interrupting capacity and modern solid-state electronics.
- Medium-voltage motor control can be upgraded with a new GE Multilin motor relay.
- Low-voltage motor control buckets can be retrofitted with new components and a modern solid-state overload protective device.
- Large low-voltage motor control can be retrofitted with vacuum interrupters to extend their life.
- Upgrade your obsolete medium-voltage circuit breakers with vacuum interrupters.
- Retrofit your obsolete medium-voltage air circuit breaker with a vacuum circuit breaker that has the same truck assembly.
- Provide a matching switchgear lineup to add feeders to an obsolete substation.